During the 2020-21 academic year, the Writing Center staff is accepting online appointments. BLC students who seek writing assistance have two options: (1) schedule an appointment to Zoom with a tutor, or (2) upload materials without meeting with a tutor. A tutor is always on call during business hours. Students are welcome to schedule an appointment up to five minutes before one is needed.
- Days: Sunday - Thursday
- Times: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. (8:00 p.m. last call)
- Closed: Holidays and school breaks
- Appointment Types: Online
- Option #1: Schedule an appointment to Zoom with a tutor
- Option #2: Upload materials without meeting with a tutor
- Appointment Form: CLICK HERE
The mission of the Ada Stokes Writing Center is to help BLC students grow as independent critical thinkers and writers. As such, tutors offer support in the areas of academic essay writing, creative writing, cover letter writing, digital writing (i.e., web content), resume writing, and graduate application essay writing. Additionally, the tutors in the center are dedicated to the writing process. The writing process includes...
- Understanding an assignment
- Research strategies
- Critical reading strategies
- Source integration techniques
- Brainstorming methods
- Thesis statement development
- Topic sentence development
- Drafting, revising, and editing
Regardless of your writing needs or ability, we are here to serve. Come see us!