BLC students may select to meet with a tutor in a variety of ways:
- Luther Hall 201: Visit with a tutor in the Writing Center
- Zoom: Visit with a tutor on Zoom
- None: Upload writing without visiting with a tutor
Although the center does not accept walk-ins, BLC students may schedule an appointment up to 15 minutes before they need one.
- Sunday: 2:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Monday: 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 12:00 - 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday - Saturday: CLOSED
- Appointment Form: CLICK HERE
The center is closed for holidays and school breaks and is inactive during the summer term.
The mission of the Ada Stokes Writing Center is to help BLC students grow as independent critical thinkers and writers. Tutors offer support in the areas of academic essays, creative writing, cover letters, resumes, and graduate applications. The center is staffed with friendly and effective tutors who are dedicated to the writing process, including understanding assignments, brainstorming techniques, composing thesis statements and topic sentences, integrating sources, drafting, revising, and editing.