During the 2021-22 academic year, BLC students may select to meet with a tutor in a variety of ways:
- HH217: Visit with a tutor in the Writing Center
- Zoom: Visit with a tutor on Zoom
- None: Upload writing without visiting with a tutor
Although the center does not accept walk-ins, BLC students may schedule an appointment up to 15 minutes before they need one.
- Days: Sunday—Thursday
- Times: 6:00—9:00 p.m. (8:00 p.m. last call)
- Appointment Form: CLICK HERE
The center is closed for holidays and school breaks and is inactive during the summer term.
The mission of the Ada Stokes Writing Center is to help BLC students grow as independent critical thinkers and writers. As such, tutors offer support in the areas of academic essay writing, creative writing, cover letter writing, digital writing (i.e., web content), resume writing, and graduate application essay writing. Additionally, the tutors in the center are dedicated to the writing process. The writing process includes...
- Understanding an assignment
- Research strategies
- Critical reading strategies
- Source integration techniques
- Brainstorming methods
- Thesis statement development
- Topic sentence development
- Drafting, revising, and editing